W. Kamau Bell and the Writers of Totally Biased Stand Up show to Benefit the children of PS 11 - The William T. Harris School
Sunday June 9th - showtime - 8:00PM ONE NIGHT ONLY
W. Kamau Bell’s FX show, Totally Biased
, highlights the host’s aptitude for on-point, observational humor, making it one of the network's edgiest and most intelligent comedies. As they take an honest look at current events (and less important, but equally amazing, pop culture moments), Bell and his all-star cast of comic contributors are a force to be reckoned with. Bell has been described by the NEW YORK TIMES as 'the most promising talent in political comedy in many years.' Kamau Bell is bringing his highly successful stand up act as well as the comedic talents of the Totally Biased writing staff to Gotham Comedy Club for a night of totally hilarious standup to benefit the children of PS 11 -- a neighborhood public school serving the diverse community of Chelsea:
- Performer, writer, actor, and podcaster Avery has created comic short films (Thugs, The Musical
) and web series (Kevin Avery's Obsessed
) in addition to touring the country as a standup and being the head writer of Totally Biased
- A former writer for G4tv and Chelsea Lately
(and a current contributor to the Huffington Post
), Branum has appeared on MTV, E!, and at festivals across the country.
- Winner of the San Francisco Women's Comedy Competition (2009) and Rooftop Comedy's Silver Nail (2010), Brito has performed around the world and is a co-founder of the Laughter Against the Machine tour.
- A master of social satire, Kennedy has starred in his own Showtime special in addition to appearing in classic comedies (Seinfeld, Martin
) and films (How High
- An NYC-based comic who's appeared on Comedy Central, the BBC, and late night, Kondabolu's a veteran of the Edinburgh Fringe Festival whose writing has also appeared in Spin Magazine
- A San Francisco Bay Area native, he has written for FOX's Mad TV, Blind Date
(yes, some of those "thought bubbles" were his) among others. On stage, you may have seen Kevin performing standup on Comedy Central's Premium Blend
or acting on The Wanda Sykes Show
on FOX and Cheap Seats
on ESPN Classic.
- On nearly every list of "names to watch," Nancherla is a standup, writer, and improviser with a deliciously absurd worldview.
As anyone who follows the news knows, State and City budgets have been slashed drastically in the last few years. This has left public schools to struggle with funding even minimal standards. The PTA of PS 11 strives to give every child at the school a world-class and egalitarian education including all the important educational enrichment activities These include Art, Music, Dance, Computers, Math & Literacy Development, Staff Development and many more invaluable programs which are all paid for by PTA funds raised through benefits like this one. Please support New York City public schools. Join us for an amazing evening of stand up from the inspiring W. Kamau Bell and the Writers of Totally Biased.
Entertainment subject to change without notice.